Ron Sofranko, principal of Wexford-based Sofranko Advisory Group, which consults with restaurants and other food service operations, said he can’t imagine chasing such a far-flung expansion.“It’s very, very difficult to establish one facility across the country and have one facility here,” he said, noting the logistical challenges and low margins of the bread business. Partnering with family is key to making it work, he said. Yet, he also sees a very well-run operation in Pittsburgh. “There is a certain process that they’ve perfected,” he said.
- Sofranko’s Latest Restaurant Concept April 17, 2018
- Four Reasons to Open Your Own Restaurant April 4, 2018
- NOW RECRUITING EXECUTIVE CHEFS and GENERAL MANAGERS February 26, 2018
- Lease Renewal Do’s & Dont’s February 20, 2018
- Restaurants – An Economic Powerhouse February 6, 2018
TagsBar management Bottle shop buy a restaurant Cocktails Consultant craft beer Crafts Fine dining First Presbyterian Church Cafe Floor plan Food cost Food Truck Franchise Liquor License management Menu consultant Pop-up restaurants Profit Margin restaurant concept Restaurant finance Restaurant marketing Restaurant Week sell my restaurant Social media Sustainable Travel and Tourism Trends