Need something creative to post on your restaurant’s social media? Looking for inspiration for specials that might draw people in?
We know there’s some sort of social media holiday happening every day, and while most of them seem to be made up out of nowhere, we’re all about celebrating when you can. Plus, capitalizing on some of these trending holidays allows you to get a little more social media traction so you can get your establishment in front of new eyes.
September Holidays For PA Restaurants
September 5 – National Cheese Pizza Day and International Bacon Day
- There’s something for anyone when it’s Cheese Pizza AND Bacon Day.
September 7 – Labor Day
- Long weekends are a great time for specials! People are not necessarily going to want to spend their holiday weekend cooking.
September 9 – National “I Love Food” Day
- Host a contest or give a special for large orders. Pretty much anything works when you have a restaurant on “I Love Food” day.
September 16 – National Guacamole Day
- Can you say appetizers? Guacamole is a perennial favorite and today would be a great day to post a picture of your place’s guac.
September 18 – National Cheeseburger Day
- Many restaurants have a Cheeseburger on the menu, and if you do, this might be the right holiday for you.
September 22 – First Day of Fall
- Love it or hate it, fall flavors like Pumpkin Spice are sure to bring people in. This is a great day to promote seasonal menu options.
September 25 – National Food Service Workers Day
- Do something nice for your employees and give them a shout out on social media. This has two purposes:
- 1. It humanizes your staff and restaurant.
- 2. It makes your staff feel warm and fuzzy.
September 26 – National Pancake Day
- Breakfast specials on a Saturday?! What could be more appealing than that? Whether you’re known for breakfast/ brunch or not, this is a fun opportunity.
September 27 – World Tourism Day
- Whether you’re an international cuisine restaurant or not, this is a great chance to feature menu items inspired by food around the world! Eating is like tourism without leaving the area at all.
September 28 – National Good Neighbor Day and National Drink a Beer Day
- Good Neighbor Day is a great time to talk about Pittsburgh fav, Mr. Rogers, or collaborate with the business next door! And let’s be honest, Drink a Beer day is pretty self-explanatory. Time for a drink special!
September 29 – International Coffee Day
- Coffee shops…. This is your time to shine!
September 30 – National Mulled Cider Day
- More fall vibes! Use local cider and people will be excited to try this cozy drink.